If you're uncertain or confused about eCommerce, that's understandable. Good information is hard to come by. It's tough to find a source with the detail you need to make a decision, yet at a technical level of someone who is not a web developer.
I've created a series of articles to fill that need. These articles are written for the average business person who would like to implement an online store or modify an existing store.
There are 10 parts to the series:
- Part 1 — Outlines the major steps in a typical eCommerce transaction. This establishes the general framework, which is then used in all of the following articles.
- Part 2 — Identifies and explains the four major scenarios for implementing eCommerce.
- Part 3 — Discusses an important set of standards for payment card security, and explains what the implications are for eCommerce websites.
- Part 4 — Discusses other general considerations for implementing an eCommerce website.
- Part 5 — Explains in detail the Merchant Store eCommerce scenario.
- Part 6 — Explains in detail the Hosted Payment eCommerce scenario.
- Part 7 — Explains in detail the Hosted Cart eCommerce scenario.
- Part 8 — Explains in detail the Hosted Store eCommerce scenario.
- Part 9 — Discusses other factors you need to consider in order to ensure a successful eCommerce business.
- Part 10 — Summarizes the series and makes some overall recommendations to guide you in your choice of eCommerce solution.
When you're ready, let's discuss your eCommerce needs.